DO YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION TO USE A DVR?
- Don't try to sell, rather give good, honest recommendations
- Add links and attach products whenever possible
- Update your profile (photo, areas of expertise, etc.) so your answer looks more credible
Recommended products: Poll These more >
When you first get a Sky+ box (the Sky name for their DVR product), you will be bound to a contrac--typically 12 months. Sky requires you pay a subscription fee to use all the features of your Sky+ box, however, there are still many things you can do with your Sky+ after the subscription contract expires. The Sky features you can use without a subscription are the same as those on Freesat. If you have just moved into a house with a Sky+ box but are not interested in a subscription, you still may be intrigued as to how to use the box.
- Connects to your cable service and replaces your cable box. Works with cable and antenna; does not support satellite.
- Records up to 45 hours of HD programming
- Record your favorite shows and discover new ones with TiVo's new HD interface
- Full HD support, including 1080i and 1080p
- Monthly subscription required
Hope this helps and enjoy. I know I love my DVR!